Back in March, the Department for Education (DfE) announced plans to simplify the National Tutoring Programme (NTP) for this academic year (2022/23).
The National Tutoring Programme provides primary and secondary schools with funding to spend on targeted academic support, delivered by trained and experienced tutors and mentors.
£349 million of core tutoring funding will be given directly to schools, allowing them to decide how to best provide tutoring for their pupils.
DfE will support schools by:
- providing core funding
- recruiting, via a delivery partner, well-qualified academic mentors
- helping schools find high-quality tuition partners
- providing training, via a delivery partner, for school-led tutors
- offering support to any school that requires it*
Sounds great, doesn’t it?
Of course, regardless of how you choose to spend the funding, you need to ensure you have the best resources available to enhance the learning experience. So, we’ve compiled our top picks below:
Propeller Rapid Recall Boards
Propeller Rapid Recall Boards have been designed by teachers to promote discussion, maintain fluency, and develop mastery in Primary Maths.
They’re easy-to-use, curriculum compliant, and great for checking progress and assessing understanding.
The difficulty can be changed simply by changing the starting number used, and the free Online Answers portal makes marking a breeze!
- Wide range of ways to use, whether focussing on specific sections or tackling the entire board at once
- All key National Curriculum Number objectives covered
- Great for one-to-one intervention or whole-class activities
Show-me Mini Whiteboards
For those repeated activities which don’t need to be recorded in books, mini whiteboards are perfect.
As well as mastering key concepts quicker, you’ll also be helping to protect our planet and your budget, by using less paper.
We especially love mini whiteboards because they’re great for increasing confidence: who wouldn’t be encouraged to give it a try when mistakes can easily be wiped away?
- Made from recyclable plastics
- Virtually indestructible and flexible
- Child-friendly rounded edges
Show-me mini whiteboards have a range of uses across the curriculum, some of our favourites are:
- Handwriting Boards: Help students perfect their writing and form letters in the correct proportions
- Multiplication Square Boards: Master multiplication and lay the foundations for more complex mathematical subjects
- Phonics Progression Boards: Tackle CCVC and CCVCC words by splitting them into their phonic and digraph sounds
- Hundred Square Boards: Find patterns, investigate numbers and develop mathematical skills
All plastic Show-me boards are made from Polypropylene (PP) rather than the commonly used PVC, making them fully recyclable at the end of their lifespan.
View the full range of Show-me boards here>>
To find out more about the NTP, visit the official Government website here>>